Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tomb of Saint Stephen and Saint Lawrence

I know I'm a day late, but I did want to post these.

My last trip to Rome, I finally made it out to the Basilica of Saint Lawrence Outside the Walls. Father Benedict's uncle is a Deacon and he was at the ordination. So, since I wanted to go to Saint Lawrence, I was able to take the Deacon there with me. After trying to walk the distance from Termini, the main train station in Rome, and then getting lost, and then coming upon some big student protest, we decided to take a taxi the rest of the way.

We finally made it to the church.


Both Saint Stephen and Saint Lawrence are buried here.




Their tomb is under the main altar in the confessio.




If you go behind the altar and tabernacle in the confessio you can see their tomb.


RS

No comments: