Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fratres, sobrii estote et vigilate

"Quaerens Quem Devoret" by Jean Leon Gerome

"Fratres: Sóbrii estóte, et vigiláte: quia adversárius vester diábolus, tamquam leo rúgiens círcuit, quaerens quem dévoret: cui resístite fortes in fide." - I Peter 5: 8-9

I often repeat this verse to myself in a time like this. I don't know what is going on, but the devil seems to really be active of late. It seems like all sorts of you-know-what is hitting the fan in things going on around me. So, the above verse helps me to keep things in perspective and to not let my guard down.

I guess the devil is really getting wound up before this Christmas. In this case the old saying of "it's always darkest before the light" is spiritually true too. So, stay vigilant, friends.

(Brethren, stay sober and alert, your adversary the devil, is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour, resist him being strong in your faith.) - I Peter 5: 8-9

RS

No comments: