Thursday, December 18, 2008
The Reality of Santa Claus
Did you know that Santa Claus is a physicist? Well, a scientist at North Carolina State University has shown the science behind the seemingly impossible task of Santa delivering presents to all the children of the world in one night.
Santa does it with advanced technology such as:
- exploiting relativity (for 1 night delivery)
- nanotechnology (for actually "growing" the presents)
- genetic engineering (flying reindeer)
- high level communications antenna (knowing who's naughty or nice)
Technology helps Santa make magic, scientist says.
And very low res interview broken up into 4 parts (quicktime format):
1) What is Dr. Silverberg's theory on Santa?
2) How does Santa get around the world in one night?
3) Time moves differently for Santa
4) Other researchers have come to different answers than you