Saint Maximilian Kolbe, O.F.M.Conv.
PLENARY INDULGENCE REMINDER
There is a plenary indulgence for those who are the enrolled in Militia Immaculata (Knights of the Immaculata) and renew their Consecration to Mary according to Saint Maximilian Kolbe on December 8th (or are making their consecration on Dec 8th). The other usual requirements for a plenary indulgence apply:
“23. 1. Besides the exclusion of all attachment to sin, even venial sin, the requirements for gaining a Plenary Indulgence are the performance of the indulgenced work and fulfillment of three conditions: Sacramental Confession, Eucharistic Communion, and prayer for the Pope’s intentions.
2. Several Plenary Indulgences may be gained on the basis of a single Sacramental Confession; only one may be gained, however, on the basis of a single Eucharistic Communion and prayer for the Pope’s intentions.
3. The three conditions may be carried out several days preceding or following performance of the prescribed work. But it is more fitting that the Communion and the prayer for the Pope’s intentions take place on the day the work is performed.
4. If a person is not fully disposed or if the prescribed work and the three mentioned conditions are not fulfilled, the Indulgence will only be partial ...”
5. The condition requiring prayer for the Pope’s intentions is satisfied by reciting once the Our Father and Hail Mary for his intentions (Pater Noster and Ave Maria); nevertheless all the faithful have the option of reciting any other prayer suited to their own piety and devotion.”
- Handbook of Indulgences, Norms
More info can be found at the U.S. site for the
Militia of the Immaculata at Marytown
I'm not sure if there is a plenary indulgence for those who are consecrated to Mary according to Saint Louis de Montfort's formula. Maybe some readers would know (and if so, could provide sources).