Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In Rome

Grrr. I hate Italian keyboards! So be patient with any weird characters in the post.

Rome is hot. Well, it's not that bad, but it isn't as cool as Norcia. A hint when going to Rome: always plan to go to Saint Peter's early in the morning. I am surprised that even now in late October, the line to get into Saint Peters is still wrapping all the way around the piazza. I guess ever since they started making people go through the metal detectors to get in, the line backs up bad. Back in '93 when I was at the UD Rome campus, getting into Saint Peters was much more simple and there was never a wait, you just went right in.

So, now I start the mad "marathon" of visiting as many Saints as I can. I found an internet point and had to look up some info, so I thought I'd jump on and update the blog too.

And I guess, I'll try to get into Saint Peter's tomorrow morning.

RS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a '93 UD Romer? I was there in Spring '97 on the new campus at Due Santi.

Roman Sacristan said...

Spring Romers rule!

We were stuck about an hour outside of Rome by train up in Manziana. Nice town, but the accomodations were not luxurious.

All the REAL Romers were before the Due Sancti campus opened up. LOL.