Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Preparing for Confirmations

Confirmations are almost here and the new bishop is coming. I really want us to put our best foot forward and do all the ceremony attached to having a bishop at Mass, so we can give the bishop the respect his office deserves and also to show him that we care about doing liturgy right. As usual, the coordination of trying to get all the info I need and to get the people involved trained so they know what they are doing is probably going to end up being done at the last minute which always drives me absolutely nuts!


Oh how I need the Holy Spirit's help.

"Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and endkindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created, and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth."

EDIT - no, this post has nothing to do with the post above. Completely differnt situation.

RS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My ten year-old son and I will see you tomorrow night! I will pray for you this day that you might be prepared for the episcopal visit!

Anonymous said...

No doubt you are the Spirit's instrument, my friend! I wish the week weren't so busy for you because I'm getting some Sam Adams Octoberfest in and having some friends over on Saturday. Wish you could be there!