Thursday, July 19, 2007

Vatican Website Updates


Most of you are probably familiar with the main Vatican website of the Holy See over at http://www.vatican.va.

(Remember, all official Vatican sites' domain names will end with ".va" as that is the official domain of the Vatican. Anything claiming to be the Vatican ending in .com, .net, .org, etc. is probably going to be bad news.)

And the Vatican just announced some more pages:

Vatican City State (English page)

Vatican Radio (English Site)

The "L'Osservatore Romano"
(The Vatican's Official newspaper)

And finally, the one that really caught my eye, the Vatican Museums

Official Vatican Museums Site

The Vatican Museum page looks very cool and has a lot of info on it. It's obviously not like actually being there, but it is a pretty thorough tour.

(I do admit that I was having trouble seeing the more detailed pictures, but I may be missing a plugin or it could just be that my dinosaur computer is just too old to handle some of the newer applications, eg I can't run quicktime 7.0 or higher.)

Have fun.

RS

No comments: