Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Support a vocation

I would like to note a small "advertisement" if you will for the sister of a friend of mine. They are a very strong and large Catholic family from my neck of the woods. Many of the sons and daughters have graduated from my alma mater as well.

She is an artist who has decided to enter a convent and is looking to sell her remaining art. I'll just use a quote her profile from her website:

Paintings by Pan
So I’m off to the convent, folks! After receiving my Bachelor of Arts in Art History from the University of Dallas, my Masters of Fine Art in oil painting from the New York Academy of Art, I set out for Florence to do post-graduate work at the Florence Academy of Art. It was in Florence that I became familiar with the Religious of the Sacred Heart.

This semi-cloistered order, rooted in St. Madeleine Sophie Barat’s Society of the Sacred Heart, houses a community of 15 nuns, the only community in the only house of this new reform order. As every Roman Catholic religious, these nuns take the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience. Their special fourth vow is one of education of the youth.

You can view and buy her art at the site above.

And you can always pray for her in her discerment as well.

I'll also add her site in the links on the sidebar.

RS

No comments: