Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Removing Franciscans of the Renewal link

I am removing the link to the Franciscans of the Renewal from my "Men's Religious" list on the sidebar.
I do this because they are advertising a pilgrimage to Medjugorje by one of their own friars. This is advertised on the events page of the official page of the Fransicans of the Renewal and has a link to the details.

Since this "apparition" has been shown to be nothing of supernatual origin by the Church and has been rife with disobedience to the Church in the local bishop, I will have nothing to do with it. There are plenty of real apparitions which have been approved by the Church as authentic.

This is disappointing to me as most of the CFR's I have met are great priests and brothers. However, if the Order is going to promote false apparitions, I cannot support them except by my prayers for their conversion.

EDIT - adding a link with official Church rulings on Medjugorje

Medjugorje: Just the Facts

If it were Mary, there'd be no problem, but if it isn't (and the Church has said it isn't), what (or who) are you following? Scam artists or something more diabolical?

RS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sent you a link to the email that Bishop Peric sent to me last year. I moved the post here
http://www.semperficatholic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5173