Thursday, October 05, 2006

Productivity vs. Computer

As you may have noticed, I have only been updating in the evenings the last few days. I am discovering that, although computers were made to increase efficiency and productivity, with the advent of the internet and DSL, I can easily get distracted while surfing. Not that it is a complete waste of time. There are many great blogs out there which help me to keep up to date and learn about the faith, but even that can be time consuming.

So, I began a test and found that by not turning on my computer which is hooked up to the internet, I can be much more productive on my work computer which is only connected by a "sneakernet" (that is an official term used by Microsoft in their MCSE training liturature).

I still want to blog daily, but I just won't be the "first out of the gate" in the mornings. Of course since I get hits from around the world, this might be the morning for you anyway.

As a side note, I just saw "I, Robot" and found it rather enjoyable. I hear the Asimov purists thought it was just a Hollywood hack barely related to the mind of Asimov, but, personally, I was entertained by it. I always enjoy movies which try to predict what the near future might look like. You have to admit, 15 years ago, cell phones were just cool gadgets that only James Bond would have ever had, and the internet is something much less expected than all the jet cars and hovercraft we are supposed to be using on a daily basis. I'm still waiting to go the Moon or to Mars. Funny they predicted that by the 80's we would be doing that stuff, and it was only within the last five years that we had a manned commercial rocket reach space in the X-prize.

Anyway, off to do some spiritual productivity.

Pax et Bonum,
Roman Sactristan

Enjoy some frustration release on others having productivity problems too :)





I worked in corporate America so I can easily relate to these. :P

No comments: