Saturday, November 08, 2008

Basilica of Saint John Lateran

A few pictures of the Basilica of Saint John Lateran.


This is the actual Cathedral of Rome and is where the cathedra of the Pope is.

Cathedra (or chair) of the Pope

The main relics in this Church are pretty important.

The main one is a part of the table from the Last Supper which is high above the Eucharistic Chapel in the left trancept.


The other major relics are up in the top of the baldachino over the papal altar.


The two statues of Saint Peter and Saint Paul hold the heads of these two Saints.

Enjoy.

RS

1 comment:

AdrianM said...

Thank you! You are providing a wonderful service. I've been reading your blog (daily now) since I found it a week or so ago.

As soon as I find my voice (so to speak), I'll comment more.

Love of Jesus Fill Us, Holy Spirit Guide Us, Will of The Father Be Done ...

Jennifer Martinez