Monday, August 18, 2008

Geeky Periodic Table Videos

So, I was talking with The Engineer and his wife yesterday about chemistry and physics, specifically my experience with some nuclear research working with Cerium and Neodymium which my professor was using to study the Interacting Boson Model.

Interestingly enough, I came across a great find the day before. Some of the chemistry professors at the University of Nottingham in the UK have made videos about every element on the periodic table.

One of the topics we talked about yesterday was hydrogen:
(You have to love the one professor's hair style and periodic table tie! LOL.)



What I found fascinating was the video on Bismuth, especially that it actually has a half-life and how long that half-life is.



If you want to check out all the elements, you can go to their website and just click on the element you want to see:

The Periodic Table of Videos

RS

No comments: