Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ciao da Texas (Howdy from Texas)

Well, I made it back. The pilgrimage was great! Just a quick post, since I have to hit the ground running and get things ready for the Sunday liturgy at the parish.

Here's a video of the song that basically became my theme song over there. I saw it a few times on the TV in the hotel, I even heard it on the radio on the bus to Norcia, and the day we left, it was on at the cappucino bar at the airport. So, it's a simple little goofy song, but one that gets stuck in your head. It's apparently popular over there too.

Actually the video can sort of symbolize travelling to Italy. Things may seem really strange and different over there, and you can try to run away from the culture, but once you just accept that they do things differently and adapt to their way of doing things, you'll have a lot more fun.

Old Man River's "La"



RS

No comments: