Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ciao da Norcia

Quick update while I have the chance.
Made it up to Norcia (English name is "Nursia", where Saint Benedict and Saint Scholastica were born). The city and countryside are quite beautiful and a welcome change to the humidity and hectic city life in Rome.

Tomorrow I hope to make it to Assisi. Pray it doesn't rain. Not only would I like to get pictures, but walking all over Assisi would be quite miserable if I had to deal with rain the whole time, especially considering I forgot my umbrella.

Things have been going well. Just keep me in your prayers for safe travel to Assisi, back to Rome, and then back to the States. Starting to realize that my time here is winding down, so I have been very motivated to see as much as possible of late. When you have to fly over 8 hours just to get here, you want to make the most of it.

Anyway, I hope to have tons of pictures, although many will be the same pictures with various shutter speed settings. As I have learned my camera more, I am (hopefully) getting better quality pictures in low light situations. We'll see.

So, please keep me in your prayers and I'll pray for the readers of this blog at my places of pilgrimage.

Ciao for now.

RS

No comments: