Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yes, I'm still alive.

Sorry for the inactivity of late.

I must first confess that I have been a bit distracted by a video game. (And I'm saying this knowing my pastor is going to preach on "the bonfire of the vanities" LOL). I have been going completely bananas over the game Half-Life 2 and it's continuing episodes since upgrading my computer. Part of it was that I wanted to get it finished before Lent, but mainly it was just a complete blast and one heck of a fun ride. Even though the first part was released 2 years ago, I managed to avoid reading much about it so that it was all fresh, and I had practically nothing spoiled. So, I finished it and that is over for the mean time, and now I have to wait for Episode 3 to be released (which I can't wait for). Portal was quite fun too, and the brilliant (if you've played Half-Life and Portal games) ending song of the game sort of inspired this post's title:



(How often do you have a computer sing to you?)

Otherwise, I have also trying to get a bit prepared for Lent in regards to my job at the parish. I've actually been getting some of the little things out of the way in hopes to get a jump on Holy Week rather than all the preparation coming down to the wire (as it usually does).

I've also been thinking a bit about the spiritual preparation for Lent. It seems like there are so many things I want to try and do for Lent that I worry I'll get frustrated if I do too many things. I'm not talking about going hardcore austere and moving into a cave and eating only sticks and rocks for Lent, but more of just trying to improve not only spiritual habits but some health things as well (like regular exercise).

One of the things I am hoping to do is to get a bit more organized into a better daily routine, which might give me a chance to actually do some better blogging. I'm not a natural writer, so making intelligent blog entries is actually quite a challenge for me. I was always more of the science geek and absolutely hated writing papers in high school and college, even thought I ironically ended up being a theology major.

So bear with me (pun intended) and we'll see what type of inspiration I can get for blogging. Maybe I can blog about what I work on in preparing for Holy Week liturgies.

RS

2 comments:

AdmiralKahoku said...

The cake is a lie!

Roman Sacristan said...

Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperature Science girls with low self-esteem fund? It's true.
LOL