Saturday, September 30, 2006

Divine Office Antiphons - 26th Sunday Per Annum

Sorry the translations were rushed, but you should recognize them from this Sunday's Gospel.

Vespers I (Evening Prayer I)
Magnificat Antiphon Year B
Nemo est qui fáciat virtútem in nómine meo, et posit cito male loqui de me. Qui enim non est advérsum vos, pro vobis est.
(No one who does mighty works in My Name, and at the same time speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us, is for us.)

Lauds (Morning Prayer)
Canticle of Zacharia Year B
Quisquis potum déderit vobis cálicem aqæ in nómine meo, quia Christi estis, amen dico vobis: non perdet mercédem suam.
(Anyone who gives you a chalice of water to drink in My Name because you are of Christ, amen I say to you: he will not lose his reward.)

Vespers II (Evening Prayer II)
Magnificat Antiphon Year B
Bonum est tibi débilem introíre in vitam, quam duas manus habéntem ire in gehénnam, dicit Dóminus.
(It is better for you to enter into life maimed, than with two hands to have the flames in Gahenna, says the Lord.)

No comments: