Wednesday, April 18, 2007

An Inside Story on Sudan and Darfur

As most readers of this blog know, I am very interested in the media and the information or misinformation it can provide. I have recently come across a "news agency" called Vice Broadcasting System or VBS.tv (I won't directly link to their site as contains some "more-than-just-PG-13" articles or topics).

While VBS does seem to be made up of many who would probably have a more liberal bent on their worldviews, one thing that does interest me is their desire to get more of an inside story than what the major news networks get (ie NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, BBC, etc.), and yet I don't think VBS is sensationalistic jounalism.

What impressed me with this story on Sudan and Darfur was that it was not limited by the usual politically correct bias that most mainstream news networks have. This story is based on them going into Sudan and looking at the history of war there and what the causes were, the state of each the areas of Sudan, and quite possibly what the lies are.

I think these videos would be appropriate for this blog, although they are more PG in nature. Anyway, this is not quite the "average news outlet" story on Sudan.

Here is "Inside Sudan" in five parts.

Pt 1

Pt 2

Pt 3

Pt 4

Pt 5


RS

No comments: