Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rejoice! The Lord is risen! Alleluia!

"The Resurrection" by Titian

Happy Easter! After the Easter Vigil I am always reminded of the phrase I would hear my Hungarian Cistercian friends say after their Easter Vigil: "Rejoice! The Lord is risen! Alleluia!" Part of it was in the delivery, which was what made it so amusing.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you readers who have been praying for me. Not only has the Lord been resurrected, but also "Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum" the "resurrection" of my vocation. The three months of intense vocational discernment was spent at the Benedictine Monastery in Norcia, Italy as an "observer." I am happy to say that I will be returning there this summer to enter the monastery.

Basilica and Monastery of Saint Benedict in Norcia, Italy.

So, I would ask for continued prayers as I try to get things taken care of so I can return. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all things to get done, but I guess I'll just need to chip away at it with God's grace.

I was also thrilled to see that the monks have been posting the audio and pictures from their Tenebrae services this year on their website at http://www.osbnorcia.org

So, once again, happy Easter.

RS

2 comments:

Homer said...

Christos Aniestos! Ally-lew-ya!

Shablam! Sweet blog. If you join the monastery, you might have to start uploading scanned pages of typewriter-written blog entries once a week to keep your readership within the fold. If I'm still around, I'm offering now to do some covert blogging for you, should you find something really cool in our sacristy.

Roman Sacristan said...

Oh, I already know there's cool things in the sacristy.

As for the blogging, well, maybe we can just say that this blog will "go to sleep" but may one day in the future, with permission, be resurrected.

Glad to see you're still doing well. Say hello to the monks for me, and let them know I survived Holy Week.