Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Some fruits of Summorum Pontificum

O wow, this is great!

I just saw a post over at The New Liturgical Movement that had me elated.

Several years ago, while in Rome, I had met a few monks from the monastery at Le Barroux. These guys were great monks and priests. In one of our conversations, a friend and I had asked them if they had ever said Mass at the Basilica of Saint Peter. They lamented that because they say Mass according to the 1962 Missal, they were forbidden by the rector of the basilica at the time. I had mentioned this to another friend who was a priest in Rome and he confirmed that this was indeed the situation.

So, it was with great joy that I just saw some pictures of the CIEL in Rome, one of which was this picture of the Abbot of Le Barroux, Dom Louis Marie, saying Mass at the tomb of Bl. John XXIII!


This really made my day!

Check out the link below at The New Liturgical movement for more pictures of traditional Latin Masses in Rome.

First Images From CIEL in Rome

EDIT - Pics came from the the blog Orbis Catholicus. Go there for even more pictures. (Sorry, I can only link to the blog because there are too many individual posts to link to.)

RS

No comments: