Tuesday, December 04, 2007

How people get here, version 120407

It's about time for a new round:

"'immaculate conception' Why isn't it abrogated if it falls on a MOnday or Saturday?"
This is only if you live in the U.S. This Solemnity is not abrogated because the U.S. is under Mary's patronage under that title.

"roman wild animals"
Wild? I am a rather civilized grizzly, just not that well organized!

"ancient roman ox-powered boat"
Believe it or not, there is a wikipedia entry related to that:
De Rebus Bellicis

"Byzantine Carthusian"
I'm not aware of anyone in the East embracing the Carthusian rule.

"what is the caloric count in communion host"
If you are that concerned about calorie counting you might want to see a doctor.
Here's the best I could do.

(You'll have to visit Ironic Catholic for the high res pic)

"if holy day falls on saturday, is it obligated?"
I am getting so many hits for things like this. Answer: usually "no", however, in the United States, for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, "yes" you are obligated to go. See my post:
Oh no! You'll have to go to Mass 2 days in a row!

"what are the computer issues"
In my case, just old hardware. I'd say I got my money's worth out of this computer being just over 7 years old now.

RS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fell in love with these men the very first time I met them. I agree that they are a very worthy order to support, because they pray daily for the world. Not to mention that all of their goodies are delicious!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

OOps, this comment should have been on the Carmelite post.

Mom