Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Meme: Why I Love Jesus Christ

In wondering what to blog about, I noticed I had been tagged by Vox Cantor for the "Why I Love Jesus" meme.
Those tagged will share 5 things they love about Jesus and must tag 5 other bloggers. Those tagged must provide a link in the comments box here with their name so that others can read them.

I am going to tend to take the more theological approach.

1) Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
(As a side note, I tend to not favor just saying "Jesus." This is probably due to two reasons: 1) protestants say It so much, it has banalized His Name and taken on a sappy tone, IMHO. 2) my theology studies and our approach in dogmatic theology of approaching His human nature in referring to Him as Jesus, and His Divine nature in referring to Him as the Christ. So, I always feel just saying "Jesus" without including "Christ" makes it a bit one sided and only looks at His humanity. However, it's two natures in one Person, they really are inseparable.)

2) Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word. (This really would be more accurately stated: the God the Son humbled Himself and became incarnate.) The Incarnation is something I really think is underappreciated or misunderstood by Christians. That God the Son became man ... forever, He has not shed His humanity upon ascending into Heaven. He took on our human nature permanently. Once I realized this, I was just totally blown away.

3) Jesus Christ shed His Blood and gave His Life for us. This love ("diligens"=the laying down your life for someone love not "luv") reveals to us the inner life of the Holy Trinity. The total outpouring of Jesus Christ on the Cross shows us God the Father's total outpouring of love to the Son ... a love so full it is another Person, the Holy Spirit.

4) Jesus Christ speaks with authority. (Read the Gospels)

5) Jesus Christ isn't a hippie! (Read the Gospels!)

Hmm, whom should I tag? Since this meme has been around awhile, I'll just tag three people. How about:

dadwithnoisykids at Scorpion Stalking Duck
Joee Blogs at Catholic Londoner
Matt at Absolutely No Spin

If you've already dealt with this meme, then just post what you've already done.

RS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, a meme! I'm not very good at memes. Thank you for tagging me, I shall endeavor to do it in due course though. I do agree with number five!

dadwithnoisykids said...

See my blog.